Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thrice is and has been one of my favourite bands for a long time now. In an age where most music is about greed, lust and pride Thrice stand out singing songs filled with truth and integrity (and maintain a large international following). Stoked I got to see them live a few weeks ago (and potentially could have seen them again for free but didn't find out in time : (
Here are a few lyric snippets from some of my favorite songs.

The Weight

And storms will surely come,
But true love is a choice you must make and you are the one.
That I have set my heart to choose
As long as I live, I swear I’ll see this through.

Come what may, I won’t abandon you or leave you behind,
Because love is a loyalty sworn, not a burning for a moment.
Come what may, I will be standing right here by your side,
I won’t run away, though the storm’s getting worse and I see no end.

Circles

The scenery spins; We call it progress,
But I’ve seen this all before;
When all’s said and done, we’ll wake up on the floor.

We set sail with no fixed star in sight.
We drive by braille and candlelight.

The Artist In The Ambulance

Look around and you'll see that at times it feels like no one really cares
It gets me down but I'm still gonna try to do what's right,
I know that there's a difference between sleight of hand
and giving everything you have
There's a line drawn in the sand, I'm working up the will to cross it
and I hope that I will never let you down
I know that this can be more than just flashing lights and sound.

Of Dust And Nations

Saturn will not sleep, until the sand has made us clean
still we stack our stones and bury what we can
but it all will be undone, and nothing built under the sun
will ever stand before the endless march of sand

so put your faith in more than steel
don't store your treasures up, with moth and rust
where thieves break in and steal
pull the fangs from out your heel
we live in but a shadow of the real

1 comment:

  1. dude, been listening to vheissu on repeat for the last 3 weeks, and to be honest, im starting to think its better than beggars. we need a serious thrice nerd out when you get back bro!

    ReplyDelete